Michael Mount Waldorf School Admission Requirements
1. Prospective parents must attend an Introductory Talk and complete a Preliminary Application.
2. If no places are available, prospective parents will be notified in the week following the Introductory Talk attended by the parent/s. Children’s names may be placed on the school’s waiting list.
3. If a place is available an interview will be arranged and, if appropriate, an academic assessment will be conducted.
4. The prospective parent will be required to complete a financial information form. A consumer profile and bank code enquiry will be conducted, as required by the National Credit Act.
5. Following the Bursar’s approval of the financial information and acceptance by the Class Teacher / Guardian, the registrar will issue a registration pack.
6. Age and other requirements:
- The child must have turned two by 31 December of the year prior to enrolment.
b. Nursery School
- The child must have turned four by 31 December of the year prior to enrolment.
c. Class 1 to 2
- The child must have turned six by mid-October to enter Class 1 in mid-January of the following year.
- Relevant prior reports and assessments are required.
d. Class 3 to 7
- Past reports and previous assessments are required.
- An academic assessment will be conducted.
- Acceptance is determined by the outcome of the academic assessment and an interview with the Class Teacher.
e. Class 8 to 10
- As for Class 3 to 7, except that acceptance is determined by the outcome of the academic assessment and an interview with the Class Guardian – not the Class Teacher.
f. Class 11 and 12
- We do not encourage admittance of new students in Class 11 and invariably do not accept new students into Class 12. Exceptions, such as moves from other Waldorf schools, are considered with care.
7. Language Requirements
The language of instruction at Michael Mount is English. All students are required to study one additional language. The school offers Afrikaans and isiZulu as additional languages.
8. Enrolment fees
- When a student is accepted into the school, a non-refundable enrolment fee is payable within four weeks.
- This enrolment fee must be paid in full to secure the place that has been offered.
See Also :