Mount Barker Waldorf School
Waldorf/Steiner Schools offer an education that is alive, full of wonder and strives to awaken the inner life of the young person. It develops the student’s capacity to learn, to be open to life and to develop a sense of meaning and purpose.
Mount Barker Waldorf School is one of the leading Steiner schools in Australia and offers a full Waldorf curriculum from Kindergarten to Year 12.
We are situated in expansive grounds in a peaceful, semi-rural environment on the outskirts of the Mt Barker township in the Adelaide Hills, just over half an hour‘s drive from the city.
Mt Barker Waldorf School has as its primary aim the provision of a unique education based on Rudolf Steiner’s philosophy of pedagogy. We consider that the tasks of the education can be best accomplished in a community that:
- fosters healthy development in each individual child.
- awakens social awareness and a respect for humanity
- helps students to develop the skills and values they need to fulfil their unique destiny and find their place in the world.
At Mt Barker Waldorf School we aim to:
- provide an education of the highest quality so that our students become balanced adult individuals, having developed clarity of thinking, sensitivity of feeling and strength of will
- inspire within the students a love of learning, a morality which strives for goodness, an appreciation of beauty and a pursuit of truth
- inspire in our students a sense of wonder at and a healthy, positive connection to the world, arising from a knowledge of and responsibility toward themselves and each other
- provide our students with values which will enable them to find meaning and purpose in their life
- provide our students with the knowledge, skills and means to work competently in the world
- inspire a sense of the spiritual dimension of life as well as a healthy respect for the physical dimension
School Tour Dates
Thursday 10 May & 14 June
9.00am – 10.30am or
4pm – 5.30pm
Term Dates 2018
Term 1: 5 Feb – 13 Apr
(High School 1 Feb)
Term 2: 30 Apr – 29 Jun
Term 3: 23 July – 28 Sept (10 weeks)
Term 4: 15 Oct – 14 Dec (9 weeks)
The Mt Barker Waldorf School is located at:
27 Sims Rd, Mt Barker, South Australia.
Our Postal Address is:
PO Box 318
MT BARKER SA 5251
Phone: +61 8 8391 0411
Fax: +61 8 8391 2386
Sudent Absentee Line: +61 8 8391 3470
Email: [email protected]
Enquiries about employment can be sent to: [email protected]
See Also :