Netcare Nursing College Intake Requirements
What can applicants expect from the process?
- Applicants need to complete an application form and submit it to OLG with their Grade 12 certificate, a certified copy of their ID and proof of the required deposit (2015 rate: R310.00) to facilitate the administration of their application and assessment.
- Applicants are then invited to complete an assessment and will receive an SMS confirming details of the assessment. Students are welcome to contact OLG telephonically to confirm any correspondence.
- Applicants write their pre-assessment, made up of four sections, at any of OLG’s centres in Johannesburg, Pretoria, Cape Town, Port Elizabeth and Durban. They must bring a pen and calculator to the assessment.
- Applicants achieving over 80% in all of the sections of the assessment are immediately fast tracked for the entry-level formal and accredited Netcare Education Nursing Programme for the next intake.
- Applicants achieving over 50% but less than 80% in all of the sections are able to join the eight-month Netcare Education Designate Programme (NEDP). Once successfully completed, applicants may apply for the Netcare Education Nursing Programme.
- Unfortunately, applicants who score less than 50% for any section do not qualify for either of the two programmes.
Netcare Education, which was established 26 years ago, has campuses in Johannesburg and Pretoria in Gauteng, Umhlanga in KwaZulu-Natal, Port Elizabeth in the Eastern Cape and Cape Town in the Western Cape. Netcare Education’s Faculty of Nursing and Ancillary Healthcare (FNAH) is accredited by the South African Nursing Council (SANC) as a private nursing education institution and has provisional registration with the Department of Higher Education and Training as a private higher education institution.
“We warmly encourage individuals wanting to become nurses to apply through OLG to be assessed, so that they can be considered for the Netcare Education Nursing Programme,” concludes Vermaak.
Applications to OLG should be emailed to [email protected]. OLG can be contacted telephonically on 086 005 3276.