Postgraduates Canon Collins Bursary 2021 for South Africans | How to apply for Postgraduates Canon Collins bursaries program online, application form pdf download, requirements, eligibility, and Postgraduates Canon Collins bursary application closing date 2021-2022.
Are you a student looking for Companies that offered Bursaries in South Africa 2021? The Postgraduates Canon Collins invites an application from suitably and qualifies students for their bursary program 2021-2022.
Every day, Students are pondering the net about:
- How to Apply for Bursary 2021
- Companies offering Bursaries in South Africa
- Who Qualifies for a Bursary in South Africa
- How Do I Get Bursary?
- How Does Bursary Work?
Let’s dive into the full information about Postgraduates Canon Collins bursaries and application details in 2021.
Overview of Postgraduates Canon Collins Bursary Program
If you are successfully enrolled with a University you can apply for a bursary.
A bursary is a monetary award made by any educational institution or funding authority to individuals or groups. It is usually awarded to enable a student to attend school, university, or college when they might not be able to, otherwise. Some awards are aimed at encouraging specific groups or individuals into the study.
Canon Collins Trust was founded in 1981 and since then became a community of researchers and activists to create change and social impact. The trust was established by Canon John Collins, who was best known for social movements such as Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament, Christian Action and the British Anti Apartheid Movement, through his British Defence and Aid Fund for Southern Africa. Canon Collins Trust focuses on education and human rights to empower individuals in the southern African society.
Canon Collins Trust has started providing postgraduate scholarship programmes for Southern African since its inception. Currently, the Trust also manages other postgraduate scholarship programmes in the UK, Ireland, South Africa and Malawi.
Postgraduates Canon Collins Bursary Application Details 2021-2022
Canon Collins Trust offers financial assistance to qualified who wish to pursue a postgraduate qualification and who have the interest to contribute to South Africa’s social justice in order to form a better society. Both full time and part time students are encouraged to apply, as well as considerations may be given to applicants who wish to study through distance learning.
Currently, the scholarship grants support for the following study areas:
- Justice: Law, Economics, Politics and the Environment
- Education: Policy and Practice
- Humanities: Literature, History, Anthropology and the Arts
Aside from financial assistance, the Trust also administer conferences and events throughout the year, where the grantees are expected to participate.
Eligible applicants will also be considered for the following scholarships:
Selection of applicants will be according to criteria such as academic quality, need and the potential to contribute to the betterment of Southern Africa. Applicants will also be assessed based on their potential future impact, work/career experience, alignment with the Trust’s priorities and leadership skills. Leadership ability will be of great importance with the assessment of applications, and applicants who can showcase how they can develop their leadership skills to form a common vision with the Trust, create strategic networks and deliver results will be given priority.
Canon Collins Trust Scholarship Requirements and Eligibility
- National of, permanent resident or have refugee status in Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe
- Graduating students or in a possession of a good first degree (upper second-class, undergraduate or Honours degree, excellent references or equivalent)
- Students at an accredited South African university
How to Apply and Application Details
The Canon Collins Scholarship for Postgraduates is currently closed for applications and will reopen in June 2018.
- When applications are open, complete the online form here. Follow all the instructions included in the form.
- Upload certified copies of the following required supporting documents:
- Degree certificates, if available
- Certified academic records
- ID. The only IDs accepted are passport, birth certificate, driver’s license.
- Proof of refugee status, if applicable
- Two recent payslips, if currently employed
- PhD proposal if applicable
Results of initial application will be sent to email address. Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview.
21 August 2018
Make sure to read every detail of your Bursary contract. Not every company offers the same rewards and some companies will ask you to work for them as long as you have held the bursary.
However, if you have queries regarding the Postgraduates Canon Collins bursary application 2021, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
BE SOCIAL BY SHARING THIS POST WITH OTHERS!