Google PhD Fellowship application form | All Eligible and Interested applicants should apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
The Google PhD Fellowship application form, requirements, eligibility, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
Google Africa Ph.D. Fellowship Program 2020 for African Graduate Students ($30,000 award) Application Instruction.
- Don’t forget that Google PhD Fellowship application is totally free of charge.
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of Google PhD Fellowship.
Application Deadline:11:59 PM PST on Wednesday 15th April 2020.
Nurturing and maintaining strong relations with the academic community is a top priority at Google. The Google PhD Fellowship Program was created to recognize outstanding graduate students doing exceptional and innovative research in areas relevant to computer science and related fields. Fellowships support promising PhD candidates of all backgrounds who seek to influence the future of technology. Google’s mission is to foster inclusive research communities and encourages people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Google PhD Fellowship students are a select group recognized by Google researchers and their institutions as some of the most promising young academics in the world. The Fellowships are awarded to students who represent the future of research in the following fields:
- Algorithms, Optimizations, and Markets
- Computational Neuroscience
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Machine Learning
- Machine Perception, Speech Technology and Computer Vision
- Mobile Computing
- Natural Language Processing (including Information Retrieval and Extraction)
- Privacy and Security
- Programming Languages and Software Engineering
- Quantum Computing
- Structured Data and Database Management
- Systems and Networking
Students and professionals are welcome to apply to the PhD Fellowship program.For current PhD Students
- Applicants must be enrolled into a full-time PhD program at a university in Africa. Applicants who are currently in their first year of a part-time PhD program and transferring to full-time positions are also welcome to apply.
- Students should be early PhD students, i.e, should not have been into more than 1 year of their PhD. Applicants for the 2020 Fellowship must have started their program on or after 1-Jan-2020.
- Students must remain enrolled in the PhD program for the duration of the Fellowship or forfeit the award.
- Applicants must be pursuing a PhD in Computer Science or related areas.
- Google employees and family members of Google employees are not eligible
- Students who are already receiving another corporate fellowship are not eligible.
For current Undergraduate/Masters students and Professionals
- Grant of the fellowship to this category of applicants is contingent on them joining a full-time PhD program at a university in Africa within the calendar year of the award.
- Student applicants must be full-time Undergraduate or Masters students enrolled at an African university. Professionals must be employed/affiliated with an organization registered in Africa.
- The Google Fellowship award shall be contingent on the awardee registering for the full-time PhD program at an African university, in Computer Science or related areas, within the calendar year 2020, or the award shall be forfeited.
- Grant of the Google Fellowship does not mean admission to the PhD program of a university. The awardee must also complete the PhD admission process of the respective institute/university where he/she wishes to register for PhD.
- Grant of the Google Fellowship will be subject to the rules and guidelines applicable in the institute/university where the awardee registers for the PhD program.
- Google employees and family members of Google employees are not eligible.
Students receive named Fellowships which include a monetary award. The funds are given directly to the university to be distributed to cover the student’s expenses and stipend as appropriate.
The funds are given as an unrestricted gift, and it is Google’s policy not to pay for overhead on unrestricted gifts. In addition, the student will be matched with a Google Research Mentor who we hope will become a valuable resource to the student. There is no employee relationship between the student and Google as a result of receiving the fellowship. Fellowship recipients are not subject to intellectual property restrictions unless they complete an internship at Google.
Fellowship recipients serving an internship are subject to the same intellectual property and other contractual obligations as any other Google intern. If a Fellowship student is interested, an internship at Google is encouraged, but not guaranteed or required.
- Up to 3-year Fellowship
- US $30K to cover stipend and other research-related activities, travel expenses including overseas travel
- Google Research Mentor
Applications must be submitted by 11:59 PM PST on Wednesday 15th April 2020.
For More Information:
However, if you have any feelings regarding the Google PhD Fellowship, Please kindly drop A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
👍Be Social ❤ By Sharing this post with others!!👇👇