University of Cape Town UCT Executive Development Programme
To keep up as a leader today, one needs to have a finger on the pulse of global leadership. The Executive Development Programme (EDP) at the GSB equips executives and senior managers to adapt and stay ahead of the curve by exploring the best leadership practices and latest strategies for sustaining a competitive advantage in the long term.
This cutting edge programme focuses on strategy, values-based leadership, change, and innovative thinking. It takes a novel approach to learning and unlearning. Delegates will update their knowledge, absorb new skills and gain an appreciation of the dynamics of the increasingly complex emerging markets. They will also be required to shed mental models that are no longer effective.
The assumption is that executives and senior managers already understand their strengths and weaknesses and have acquired the necessary management skills. Rather than personal or traditional functional skills, the Executive Development Programme is about developing your organisation’s ability to leverage core competencies, to stay ahead through innovation and to pursue heroic goals despite resource constraints.
This leadership course provides an important opportunity to learn from other leaders across industries, through lectures, case studies, syndicate discussions, as well as interaction with faculty, other participants and guest speakers. Delegates will broaden and deepen their understanding of an ever-changing South African, African, and global economy.
Is this course for me?
You will benefit highly from this course if you:
- Are a seasoned management professional operating at senior management or executive level within an existing corporate business or high-growth greenfield development.
- Have proven management and leadership talent, identified as high potential.
- Lead a company, division, international subsidiary, business unit or major function.
- Are looking for a learning experience that will stimulate, challenge and develop self-reliance and keep you on the cutting edge of global leadership.
- Access to best leadership practices and the latest strategies for sustaining a competitive edge.
- Build greater insight into strategy, results-based leadership, values-based leadership, change and reputation.
- Enhance the ability and capacity to manage complexity and change.
- Broaden awareness and understanding of leadership in an emerging market.
- Stimulate creativity and innovation for leadership.
- An understanding of reputation management and the ability to manage the concept in the workplace.
- The dynamic business environment
- Results-based leadership
- Globalisation of business
- New perspectives on strategy
- Building successful strategic alliances
- Creating the markets of tomorrow
- Innovation for competitive advantage
- Unlocking the power of reputation management
The EDP course runs in Cape Town on the GSB campus. For more information please contact our Executive Education department at the UCT Graduate School of Business on 0860 UCT GSB or email [email protected].
29 October – 10 November