University of Fort Hare Brochure 2017/2018
Click On the link below to download the University Of Fort Harare Brochure
Do you know what you want to study?
It is a good idea to have a career objective in mind, check the admission requirements of the various qualifications offered at the University of Fort Hare.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Submit your application form and all the necessary documentation including application fee before closing date.
2. An SMS will be sent to you informing you of the status of your application thereafter a letter of confirmation.
3. Current matriculants, who qualify based on their Grade 12 mid-term performance, are provisionally admitted pending the submission of their final matric results and subject to availability of space.
4. Successful applicants will receive an admission letter, together with a registration guide, which reflects the registration dates and orientation programme.
It is important to note that all applicants who wrote the National Senior Certificate (NSC) are required to write the National Benchmark test (NBT), before they are allowed to register for their 1st year at University. Read more about this compulsory test on www.nbt.ac.za
In which school-leaving category do you fall?
- National Senior Certificate (NSC)? The NSC is the new school-leaving qualification since 2009.
- Pre-2008 matriculation certificate? This is the old school-leaving qualification before 2009.
Admission Requirements: NSC applicants (since 2009)
The table below explains how well you will need to do in your school subjects in order to meet the minimum entry requirements for each qualification.
The University may add additional requirements for specific qualification programmes
|BachelorsDegree||MINIMUM STATUTORY ENTRY REQUIREMENT|
|Pass NSC with: An achievement rating of 4 (50-59%) or better in four subjects from the designated list together with any other university requirements.|
|Diploma||Pass NSC with: An achievement rating of 3 (40-49%) or better in four recognized NSC 20-credit subjects.|
• Applicants who wish to enrol for a degree programme need to ensure that four of their seven subjects are from the designated list.
• The list already includes three of the four compulsory subjects for obtaining the NSC, namely, Languages, Maths or Maths Literacy.
• A learner must then select one or more subjects from the list below, provided that they are not from the same group in order to apply for a degree programme
|Agricultural Sciences||Life Sciences|
|Business Studies||Mathematics orMathematical Literacy|
|Engineering Graphics andDesign||Religion Studies|
How to calculate your minimum admission point score (APS).