UNWTO World Tourism Students League application form 2021/2022 | How to apply.
Below, are the details on UNWTO World Tourism Students League application form, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
UNWTO World Tourism Students League 2021 for Future Tourism Leaders
The UNWTO World Tourism Students League application details have been published here. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
- Don’t forget that UNWTO World Tourism Students League is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of UNWTO World Tourism Students League
Calling Future Tourism Leaders and leading Tourism Universities! The UNWTO World Tourism Students League 2021 is open.
The UNWTO World Tourism Students League, run within the UNWTO Academy, seeks to create an innovative environment to empower and motivate travel & tourism students to get involved within the industry and participate in this world students tourism league getting real-time experience from the sector by creating and presenting innovative solutions for the challenges that the sector is facing nowadays. Challenges will be aligned with the Sustainable Development Goals, placing an emphasis on Goals 8,12 and 14, in which tourism is featured and will match the SDGs requirements.
A competition where students prove their value by giving their best solutions for the challenges of our Sector. Can you resolve the current challenges of the Tourism Sector? Join the competition now.
- A 5 month Global League where teams of students from the different participating Institutions compete against each other to come up with the best innovative ideas to resolve the challenges set by UNWTO and the public and private sector Partners.
- The solutions given by the students will be evaluated by a jury month-by-month thus creating a League competition.
- The top 4 teams with the highest score will fight out the best position in an onsite Final Competition – The Final Four.
All students taking part in the WTS League will automatically be honored as official members of the UNWTO Students Network, a UNWTO Academy network created to connect passionate travel & tourism industry students worldwide to share, comment and give opinion about the future of tourism and their needs and vision.
Every month the Team in 1st position of the League will receive a diploma to recognize their work
Final Four Competition
- Winning team: Diploma and designation as the 1st UNWTO Students’ League Finalist, sponsor prizes and access to internships opportunities with UNWTO and UNWTO’s Public and Private partners
- 2nd team: Diploma and sponsor prizes
- 3rd position teams: Diploma and sponsor prizes
- 4 best teams: preferential access to the courses on the UNWTO Tourism Online Academy as well as any other online courses offered by the UNWTO Academy
Participating Institutions, Teams, Stakeholders to present the challenges
- UNWTO Partner Institutions: Education & Training Institutions that are UNWTO Affiliate Members or/and that hold a UNWTO.TedQual Certificate at the moment of the League.
- Other non-partner Institutions can participate for 1 year. The number of non-partner Institutions can never exceed 50% of the partner Institutions participating.
- Students in their before-last or last year of degree studies from UNWTO Partner Institutions
- Teams of 5 permanent members + the possibility to draw-in 1 extra team member from another degree, etc per challenge.
- each team individual should be in charge of one part of the challenge proposed and inform the organization on these different roles at the beginning of the monthly challenge.
- Team mandatory characteristics:
- Creative thinking and problem solving
- Ability to think out-of-the-box
- Teams must be effective communicators and have a good understanding and defend the Global Tourism Code of Ethics and SDGs
Stakeholders to present the challenges
- National Tourism Administration – National Tourism Organization
- Tourism Destinations
- Private Sector Companies (Hotel Chains, Transport companies, etc)
Education and Training Institutions interested in presenting teams, and public bodies or private companies interested in participating by providing monthly challenges to be solved by the students must submit the official request form to UNWTO Academy.
The Team applications will also include:
- Breakdown of the team (representative teacher + 5 students)
- Resume of each team member
- Photo of each team member (white background)
- Short, 1-minute video introducing and showcasing the Institution and the team
For more information, visit UNWTO.
Deadline: January 22, 2021
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the UNWTO World Tourism Students League, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
- Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.