Call for Nominations: The Gwangju Prize for Human Rights application form 2020 | How to apply.
Below, are the details on Call for Nominations: The Gwangju Prize for Human Rights application form, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
Call for Nominations: The Gwangju Prize for Human Rights 2020 (Award of $50,000)
The Call for Nominations: The Gwangju Prize for Human Rights application details have been published here. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
- Don’t forget that Call for Nominations: The Gwangju Prize for Human Rights is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of Call for Nominations: The Gwangju Prize for Human Rights
Applications are open for the Gwangju Prize for Human Rights 2020. To promote the spirit of the May 18 Democratization Movement, in which the people of Gwangju resisted brutal military forces for the sake of democracy and human rights in 1980, the May 18 Memorial Foundation recognizes the exemplary efforts of individuals and organizations aspiring to the restoration of justice and human rights in their respective countries through the Gwangju Prize for Human Rights Prize.
Since 2000, the Foundation has been bestowing the ‘Gwangju Prize for Human Rights’ to individuals, groups and institutions in Korea and abroad that have contributed in promoting and advancing human rights, democracy and peace in their work. The prize is awarded by the citizens of Gwangju in the spirit of solidarity and gratitude to those who have helped them in their struggle for democratization and their search for truth. It is hoped that through this Award, the spirit and message of May 18 will be immortalized in the hearts and minds of humankind.
- The winner of the GPHR will receive a certificate, a medal, and cash award of $50,000 USD.
The candidates eligible for the GPHR are those persons or organizations nominated by a qualified individual or a qualified organization. A nomination of oneself-will not be taken into consideration.
A nomination for the GPHR can be submitted by any individual or organization who meets the nomination criteria. Any nomination is considered valid if it is submitted by a person or an organization that falls within one of the following categories:
- Individuals or organizations who won the May 18 Citizens Award and/or YunSang-won Award
- Laureates of Gwangju Prize for Human Rights
- Organizations in Korea or overseas working for human rights, peace, and the reunification of Korea that have been active three years or more and that the May 18 Memorial Foundation Directorate decides to request their nomination
- Any individual or organization in Korea or overseas that agrees on the purpose of the GPHR
Required Submission Documents are:
- Nomination Form
- Two ID Photos (paste them on the designated spots)
- Other materials that can substantiate activities and eligibility for the award
Send all documents via e-mail to [email protected]
For more information, visit Gwangju Prize for Human Rights.
Deadline: November 30, 2019
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the Call for Nominations: The Gwangju Prize for Human Rights, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
- Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.