Mopani South East TVET College Bursaries 2021 | How to apply for Mopani South East TVET College students bursary, NSFAS financial support, funding, bursary application forms, requirements, and loan application guide for 2021 academic year.
www.mopanicollege.edu.za/bursaries – The Mopani South East TVET College currently offers financial aid/support to students who are financially needy and who show academic potential.
Interested undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma, certificate, occupational, NCV, and NATED Programmes students are required to apply annually for financial aid and grants.
Funding for such financial aid is made through the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) and hence the size of any award is determined according to the NSFAS means test.
The Mopani South East TVET College Application Portal 2021 is where you get full information about the Mopani South East TVET College student’s bursaries, funding, Bursary application forms, bursary requirements, tuition fees, and loan application guide has published on southafricaportal.com.
SouthAfricaPortal Team has published below the details fo apply for Mopani South East TVET College bursaries application 2021.
How To Apply For Mopani South East TVET College Bursaries 2021
The Department of Higher Education and Training provides funding to the college for Bursary Allocations with an intention of assisting qualifying students. Bursaries are offered to students enrolled with the TVET College for the National Certificate (Vocational) and NATED/Report 191 programmes. The college provides the following financial assistance:
- National Students Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) which is funded by DHET but administered by NSFAS. This bursary covers tuition fees and allowances e.g. travelling or accomodation.
- Merit Bursary: This bursary is offered by the college and it is granted in accordance with set performance criteria.
- SRC Bursary. This bursary is for students elected into the Student Leadership and covers tuition fees only.
- All bursaries require 80% attendance as stated in the DHET Student attendance and Punctuality policy.
Other bursaries are also available as per advert from institutions/industries even SETAs
- NOTE: NSFAS Beneficiaries don’t qualify for Merit Bursary.
HOW TO APPLY FOR NATIONAL STUDENT FINANCIAL AID SCHEME BURSARY
NSFAS is providing financial assistance to students who intend to enroll at the college.
It is advisable for applicants to go to internet café or use their smart phones to apply online, Campuses internet café can also be used to apply www.nsfas.org.za.
Please attach certified copies of the following documents:
(All the certified copies must not be older than 3 months) your documents can be certified at South African Police Service or the South African Post Office. If you are under the age of 18 or if you are 18 and older and are STILL DEPENDENT on the household income of your parent or legal guardian, then this also applies to you.
- Certified copy of your identity Document. If you are younger than 16 years of age, and do not have a green bar-coded ID or smart ID card, you must submit a certified copy of your unabridged birth certificate.
- Certified copy of identity Document of each household member including parents or legal guardian.
- Certified copy of your latest academic transcript or exam results. If you are currently in grade 12, you do not need to submit this.
- If you have been exempted from paying school fees, please provide a letter from the school informing NSFAS that you have been exempted.
- Certified or official copy of recent pay slip, letter of employment, not older than three months, for each parent, or the person who support you, or your guardian or yourself if you are employed. This is for all types of employment or all forms of income for all member of the household. This includes any income received from SASSA grants, Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF), or any retirement, life. Disability or other benefits paid as a lump sum or in monthly payments.
If your parents or the person who supports you or your legal guardian are retired, please provide a copy of an official pension slip or bank statement showing pension payment.
- If either of your parents is deceased, please provide a certified copy of the death certificate.
- If your parents are divorced, please provide a certified copy of the divorce decree.
- If either of your parents does not live at home, please provide an affidavit explaining the reasons.
- If you are supported by someone who is not your parent or legal guardian, please provide an affidavit explaining the reasons.
Certified copy of a SASSA letter if any of your family members are receiving a social grant and are also contributing to your household income. This also applies to your legal guardian.
- If you have indicated that a dependent in your household is a student, please provide proof of registration or acceptance at TVET College or University for each dependent.
- If you have a disability, please compete the relevant supporting documents (please see website for details) and submit them with your application form.
For Full Details, visit the official website via https://mopanicollege.edu.za/bursaries/ OR Financial Aid Office.
National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) Bursary Applications 2021.
Application forms and information for NSFAS can be obtained from the Mopani South East TVET College Financial Aid office.
The application forms must be accompanied by all stated supporting documents, eg, Certified ID copy of student/ applicant, Certified ID copies of both parents if one/both are deceased- certified death certificate, income statement/ payslip of both parents if they are working, if they are not working an affidavit stating they are not working, if they are getting a grant, a proof showing that, if the applicant has brothers and sisters, their certified ID/ birth certificates copies, if they are registered with other tertiary institutions, proof of that is also required. Original documents and copies must be taken to the nearest Police station/ local Post Office for the stamp.
Original documents are not accepted. It is the responsibility of the student to make sure that the application form is fully/ correctly completed.
On submission of NSFAS application form, the student will receive a receipt, which should be kept as a proof of application, without it, is your word against ours. Please present your slip at all times to the Financial Aid/Bursary Office.
First-Year students will only be given an application form for Financial Assistance upon providing the Financial Aid Office with a letter from the university indicating that the student has been either accepted or provisionally accepted for the 2021 academic year.
The value of the NSFAS award will only be credited to the student’s fee account in the third term, once all bursaries have been awarded and paid into the student’s account. This is to ensure that the loans granted are as low as possible.
Students receiving NSFAS loans will be required to complete an application form and a loan agreement before any payment will be effected.
The allocation received from NSFAS is limited and hence the Financial Aid Committee of the Mopani South East TVET College, who gives financial aid awards, must ensure that as many students are supported as possible while at the same time taking into account financial need.
Students are therefore advised that registering on the basis of receiving a full loan from NSFAS should not be considered and that a family contribution as determined by the Means Test may be required. It is also important to note that there are various different kinds of funding made available each year through NSFAS.
All students can apply for a loan from the National Students Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS), a government loan scheme with the added incentive of a bursary conversion (max 40%) depending on academic performance. The parent’s/family’s contribution to the student’s study cost is called the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and is calculated using the Government’s National Means Test.
- Prospective Students who wish to study at the College through NSFAS Bursary must APPLY ONLINE at https://www.nsfas.org.za
- Manual NSFAS applications will be facilitated but students must apply directly to NSFAS online!
- To enquire more about bursaries, contact/visit Student Support Offices at the Campuses
- Applicants applying online may not subsequently apply using a paper-based application
- Please note that receiving a student number (reference number) does not imply you are a registered student until you have officially registered.
- Please note that you will be required to come on campus to write the CAP Test. The test informs and educates students on a variety of career options. At the same time, it gauges the student’s personal interest in the different careers on offer.
- Incomplete applications may result in the delay of finalization of your application
- Continuation with a programme depends on sufficient numbers being enrolled
- Applicants must have a valid email address and mobile number in order to apply to the college. All Communication with regard to your application will be sent via email/ SMS.
- Meeting the minimum admission requirements for a specific programme does not necessarily guarantee admission to that particular programme
RECOMMENDED: Download CAO HandBook 2021 PDF
However, if you have queries regarding the Mopani South East TVET College bursaries application 2021, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
BE SOCIAL BY SHARING THIS POST WITH OTHERS!