Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University Business School East London
Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University Advanced Business Programme (ABP) – East London
At NMMU Business School, prospective ABP candidates will be put through a rigorous selection process. Prospective students are required to meet the following minimum requirements:
- A minimum three-year national diploma or degree at NQF level 6. Should you have completed your qualification through a college, you would have to have the qualification SAQA approved.
- A minimum of two years business-related working experience.
- Applicants must reside within a 60 km radius of a delivery point.
- Be fluent in English. Applicants not fluent in English will be required to produce an English Proficiency certificate to verify English language skills.
Once the above minimum requirements have been met, students will be asked to:
- Write a Psychometric (SHL) test or the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT). All applicants are required to complete the psychometric test as part of the application process. Students need to score a 3 or higher on the SHL test. Students writing the GMAT test need to obtain a score of 520 or higher.
- Students that score a 3 or higher on the SHL test or a 520 or higher on their GMAT will be asked to partake in an application interview.
Once you have considered the ABP admission requirements and feel qualified to apply for the ABP programme, you can begin the application process.
- Submit your application forms and supporting documentation via email to the NMMU Business School [email protected]
- First review: Once you have submitted all the required documents, your application will be reviewed to ensure that you meet the minimum acceptance criteria.
- You will receive a notification of the first review outcome.
- If you meet the criteria for the first review you will be contacted to write the psychometric test.
- Second review: you will be informed of your psychometric or GMAT test score.
- Depending on your second review outcome, the test will be followed by an application interview.
- Final approval of your ABP application will take place and you will receive notification of the outcome a week after your interview.
- Registration: once you have received your letter of acceptance for the ABP programme you will be informed about the registration process.
Class Presentation & Format
The NMMU ABP is presented as a Part-Time Programme (East London students only).
ABP Part-Time Explained
NMMU Business School East London and Border Kei Office, 63 Devereux Avenue, Vincent, East London.
Two evening classes per week from 17:30 to 20:30. The programme is divided into three (3) trimesters (12 weeks per trimester) and East London part-time students will complete two modules per trimester.
All students accepted onto the ABP programme are assigned to a group. Group members are selected and assigned according to their professional expertise and experience so as to best replicate a management team in the working environment. ABP students will work together in their groups over the 12 month period. You will be required to meet with your group members on a regular basis (at least once a week) to work on assignments.
Tests and Exams
All tests and exams are written in East London.
Trimester Structure for the Certificate: Advanced Business Programme (ABP)
- Accounting for Business
- Marketing Management*
- Applied Business Analysis
- Operations Management*
- Human Resources Strategies*
Exit: ABP Certificate
*Indicates possible credits for students who may wish to pursue a Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration (PDBA). Please note that an individual needs to pass 5 of the 6 modules in one year to be considered for the PDBA.